What you will learn:
- A complete framework for writing melodies
- Applying this knowledge in examples to find better melodies for your own productions
- We will show you how to come up with interesting and fresh melodies using different scales and modes for future bass, edm / festival, melodic deep/techno, house, pop, progressive house and many more
- We are going to show you many nice sound examples - offering a practical application of our theoretical frameworks
- We are going to deeply analyze melodies and find out
- why some melodies simply work and others don't
- rules and codes for “hit song" hooks and melodies
How this course is structured
- In the first part of this course we are going to look at the basic concepts around melodies and make use of many examples.
- In the second part we will take a deeper look into scales and modes as starting points for more advanced and intentional melody writing.
- We will learn how to come up with great melodies, using different scales and modes, "that work" in your own compositions and make them sound more interesting and unique.
- Many practical writing sessions are covering different styles such as Melodic Deep / Techno, Future Bass, EDM, Summer Vibes, Progressive House, Pop and many more.
- Along the way, we are going to share a lot of our specific knowledge and experience on composition.
- You will get around 4 hours of studio sessions with Francois.
Who is it made for?
- This course is designed for electronic music producers - we are going to take the perspective of someone working inside a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation - like Cubase, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, FL Studio).
- The course is designed for beginners but it's also suitable for advanced learners of the subject as we go into great detail after our first “basics” block is covered.
More of what students say:
- "Fantastic tutorial on composition! I'll be checking more of your guys stuff out" - Nathan L.
- "I just wanted to send you a small email saying this course really has been a game changer. I have learned so much in such a small time frame. Everything was explained so well I could actually follow what you were saying and copy it to my own music" - Colton M.
- "Actually I've been producing for over 6 years and I wanted a fresh perspective on music theory. 10/10 is what I give you guys! Great job, easy to follow - simple explanation. Great work. Thanks. Tom." - Thomas W.
- "I am overwhelmed by your work. You can tell how much effort and time you spend on each video/track. I just wanted to say thank you for all the tips and tricks you have shown us!"
- "The first course you provided is awesome! Give us a new one :) Love it!" - Woy R.
- "I think your course "Producing a Modern Track from Start to Finish in Ableton" was phenomenal. Please make more courses like this!“ - Eduardo A.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
Since the course is about Harmony & Chord Progressions, no specific software is needed to follow along. If, however, you decide on one of the additional pricing plans, Ableton Live 9 is required for the sound packs.
Absolutely! The offered bundles give the best value by far with an extra discount of at least 30% on the usual shop prices. This course will give you a great foundation for producing in Ableton and including more sound packs, you'll get a perfect start to dive deeper. You'll be able to reverse engineer the project files and discover how to improve your own productions.
We offer a couple of versions starting with the single paid course and adding in more and more specials like "Easy Start Pack" for Ableton users, "Complete Templates Packs" (2 packs with each around 20 professionally crafted Ableton Templates) and "Premium Pack" (in the 3rd, full version), adding 750+ Massive presets, tons of MIDIs and song idea templates for Ableton to give you an incredible start. If you're not sure which version to pick, hit us up with a quick message to productionmusiclive (aatt) gmail.com - we're happy to help!
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 48 hours and we will give you a full refund on the course (due to the digital download nature of the optional sound packs, we can only refund the course part).
I'm Francois, classically trained musician and music producer from Germany with an insatiable passion for great sound design, audio engineering and electronic music production. I've released tracks on labels such as Universal Music, Parquet Recordings, Portrait Digital Recordings, Somatic Sense, Jannowitz Records and others. Maybe you've seen one of my tutorials on our YouTube channel "Production Music Live". I also have a personal Youtube Channel called "Francois Beats". I like exploring new ways of working, acquiring new skills and sharing my knowledge.
Check out some of my electronic music productions on
Visit my personal Website.